Welcome to Shared Lives Plus
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Expanding Leicester Shared Lives Scheme Impresses Shadow Minister

google group

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Tris Brown

Tris Brown

Administrator

• Shared Lives Plus Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Scheme:Shared Lives Plus
  • Role:Shared Lives Plus staff member/trainer
Sian Clark of Leicester’s Shared Lives Scheme has received funding for a pilot project to recruit carers to provide day time and short stay respite for people with dementia in Leicester. Sian says, “The setting up of the pilot is as a direct result of the good practice day for commissioners in Manchester which was part of National Shared lives Dementia Project [led by Shared Lives South West]. I was able to persuade Leicester City Council lead commissioner for Dementia to attend the day with me. She was so impressed at what a shared lives service could offer, she supported and co-wrote the successful business case which we presented to the Senior Leadership team and the Lead Councillor for Adult Social Care.”

Subsequently, Liz Kendall, MP for Leicester and Shadow Care Minister, visited the scheme and was hugely impressed, saying: "I feel privileged to have met Gill, Richard and Denise. They take people who need care and support into their homes and their lives as real members of the family. I have been genuinely inspired by Shared Lives Plus and am determined to do all I can to support and champion their work here in Leicester and across the country."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users