Welcome to Shared Lives Plus
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Online Health & Social Care Courses

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

southview

southview

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Scheme:small community service
  • Role:Carer
I have been using the SCIE e-learning resources and Social Care TV. I find these extremely useful and informative, they are presented in a way which makes learning enjoyable. I would like to take an online course which gives me a qualification that shows that I have an understanding of the work I do regards looking after the elderly/vulnerable. Has anyone any experience of NCFE qualifications and providers? They are supposed to be the equivalent to NVQ's. This is a convenient way for me to continue my CPD as I find it difficult to take time off to attend more formal training.

Simon Taylor

Simon Taylor

• Shared Lives Plus Staff
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Scheme:Shared Lives Plus
  • Role:Shared Lives Plus staff member/trainer
I agree the social care TV pieces are really interesting. I occasionally highlight them in or bulletin and we have supported them to do a piece on Micro-providers which should see the light of day sometime in the spring.

I think the eLearning idea is very interesting and the new Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) which is replacing the National Vocational Qualifications (NVQ) might well lend itself to this approach althougyh acreditation may still require some direct observations. I am due to meet with Skills for Care (the sector workforce development agency) soon and will raise this with them and see what might be possible. It would be interesting to hear from other if this approach would be helpful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users