Welcome to Shared Lives Plus
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Cqc Announces Fee Scheme For 2013/14

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Tris Brown

Tris Brown

Administrator

• Shared Lives Plus Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Scheme:Shared Lives Plus
  • Role:Shared Lives Plus staff member/trainer

The Care Quality Commission, the independent regulator of all health and social care services in England, are funded through a combination of registration fees charged to providers of regulated services and income from government. From 1 April 2013 there are some changes to the fees for providers but as before every registered provider will pay a single annual fee on the same date each year. The good news is that there is no increase for the majority of social care and support services including care homes and domiciliary care.

The CQC have a helpful fees calculator which should allow you to identify, for your setting, what fees are applicable. It can be found on the same webpage as the full details of the new scheme that is applicable from 1 April 2013. 

Tim Southern

Tim Southern

• Scheme Workers
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationI live in Wales, work in Wales and England
  • Scheme:Ategi
  • Role:Scheme Worker

Hi - Looking at the CQC Fees Scheme it would be good to clarify for members the likley area of the fees scheme that generally applies to Shared Lives. It's not that clear!

My reading is that most Shared Lives Schemes would fit under section 9 - for providers of community care services. Am I right in this? If so am I also right that Schemes are the registered body so the reference to number of locations refers to the registered Shared Lives Scheme Office? Therefore; one or a few more in some cases?

A clarification on these things would be really useful.

Many thanks

Tim

Tim Southern - ategi Head of Shared Lives
www.ategi.org.uk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users