Welcome to Shared Lives Plus
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Business Continuity

Business continuity policy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Simon Taylor

Simon Taylor

• Shared Lives Plus Staff
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Scheme:Shared Lives Plus
  • Role:Shared Lives Plus staff member/trainer

Business continuity?

As a provider of support services have you needed to develop a business continuity plan?

Either for your own requirements or, most likely, as an aspect of a contract or local authority procurement process, its a plan of what to do to ensure your business continues in the face of emergency incidents?

Do you have a written policy or an intuitive approach to what would happen in case of flooding, a petrol shortage, illness of yourself or staff, loss of utilities such as water or electricity etc.?

Have you develop something yourself, do you know of a great resource to help with this or do you manage knowing you will cope with these inherently unpredictable incidents as and when they occur?

I would be really interested in peoples’ views on this.

• Do you feel a plan is needed is needed?
  • If you have been asked for something has this been proportionate to your scale of operation or just far too much?
  • What is your best tactic in the event of an emergency or incident?
  • Do you have examples of when you have needed or used such a plan?

Get in touch directly or leave a message here...

Regards

Simon

simon@sharedlivesplus.org.uk

PHILSMITHGREMLIN

PHILSMITHGREMLIN

• Moderators
  • 24 posts
  • Scheme:SEFTON
  • Role:Carer

I would suggest that I would need a similar plan for my home, who I share with my "extended family", as you have in place should you face an electrical blackout,  water cut off, flood etc etc. i.e. we deal with it as and when it arises, just like any other family unit.

and by the way, as a shared lives plus officer, you should know that we do not have "staff"

Simon Taylor

Simon Taylor

• Shared Lives Plus Staff
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Scheme:Shared Lives Plus
  • Role:Shared Lives Plus staff member/trainer

Really useful perspective as to how this would work for a home environment from a carer viewpoint esp. how friends and family might need to be included in the planning. Many of our micro-enterprises members who are faced with this issue do have staff members and also work with volunteers. The numbers are usually very small which may mean it is even more important for all those involved to be aware of these issues.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Business, continuity, policy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users