Welcome to Shared Lives Plus
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Help With Tax

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

judith

judith

• Shared Lives Plus Staff
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Scheme:Shared Lives Plus
  • Role:Shared Lives Plus staff member/trainer

As we get nearer the time when tax returns are due, I thought you might be interested in HMRC’s  new development  to assist Shared Lives carers both understanding their tax situation and completing their tax returns . Apart from their  updated E-learning package for Shared Lives carers (just follow the link on the Shared Lives Plus website) there is also now a webinar you can use (for those of you who like me had never heard of a webinar it is just a seminar on the web!)   which explains about what self-employment means, how to use qualifying care relief, what records you will need and what to put on your tax return.

You can choose to view anytime a pre-recorded webinar which will just give you information by following the following link:

Shared Lives carers and HMRC (Opens new window)

Or if you want to join in one of the live interactive webinars where you can both listen and ask questions which will be answered, you can register to join the next one for Shared Lives carers which is on 10th September just follow the following link:

10 September 2014 from 10:00am to 11:00am (Opens new window)

If you decide to give it a go, do let me know (email judith@sharedlivesplus.org.uk  tel.01772723677) what you thought about it and if you have found it useful.

Hope you are enjoying the Summer .

Judith

shared Lives carers support and Development worker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users