Across the UK Shared Lives schemes and Shared Lives carers are effectively supporting people with care and support needs, to live good lives in ordinary family homes and as valued parts of their communities. As the Shared Lives sector continues to grow and diversify, Shared Lives Plus is conscious of the need to maintain the existing quality of the sector and to ensure that this is not lost as part of any growth. The quality of services are increasingly being looked at by commissioners, local authorities and care regulators, with CQC moving to a quality based approach to inspection. With this in mind Shared Lives Plus is looking into developing a quality framework which will provide Shared Lives schemes and carers with a way to evaluate and improve the quality of their scheme. We would like to hear your views on:
· What a good Shared Lives scheme looks like to you?
· What are the things that the scheme does that makes it good?
· What are some of the things that the scheme does that impacts on the quality of it?
· What are things that schemes could do differently to improve the quality of the scheme
· What you would like to see included in a quality framework e.g. the matching process, relationships between the scheme and Shared Lives carers, monitoring and support etc?
· Any other thoughts or comments
As we gather ideas from you, we will develop this into a draft of what the quality framework will look like, which will then be sent out for consultation amongst Shared Lives Plus members. Please contact Mark Gallagher on 07551 154 935 or email email@example.com